- What is the meaning of after?
- What is the opposite of after?
- What is a good sentence for the word after?
- Will there be a movie of after?
- What is the synonym of after?
- What is the meaning of one after another?
- What is the difference between after and after in grammar?
- What is the meaning of afterlife?
- What is the antonym for after?
- What is the opposite word of post?
- What is the opposite of afterthought?
- What is the origin of the word after?
- What does after mean in a sentence?
- Is after an adverb or adverb?
- What part of speech is ‘after’?
- Is “after” a preposition?
- Will there be an after movie sequel?
- Is there a new movie after after we Collide?
- How many after movies will there be?
- Will there be another after movie after we fell?
What is the meaning of after?
English Language Learners Definition of after (Entry 2 of 4) : at a time following (something or someone) : later than (something or someone) US —used to describe a time following a specified hour : following and because of (something)
What is the opposite of after?
Near Antonyms for after. toward. (or towards) Antonyms for after. afore. [ chiefly dialect], ahead of, before, ere,
What is a good sentence for the word after?
about: to inquire after a person. in agreement or conformity with: a man after my own heart. in spite of:After all her troubles, shes still optimistic. with the same name as:They named her after my grandmother. adv. behind; in the rear:The marchers came first and the floats came after. Aeronauticslater in time;
Will there be a movie of after?
The platform included film, TV, digital, licensing, and partnerships. On October 16, 2014, Paramount Pictures acquired the screen rights for a movie adaptation of After. Adam Shankman and Jennifer Gibgot would produce through their Offspring Entertainment banner.
What is the synonym of after?
See more synonyms for after on Thesaurus.com. preposition. behind in place or position; following behind: men lining up one after the other. later in time than; in succession to; at the close of: Tell me after supper. Day after day he came to work late.
What is the meaning of one after another?
1. following in time; in succession to: after dinner; time after time. 2. following; behind: they entered one after another. 3. in pursuit or search of: chasing after a thief; hes only after money.
What is the difference between after and after in grammar?
After means ‘later than’ and ‘next in time or place’. … We can use after as an adverb, but afterwards is more common. When after is used, it is usually as part of an adverb phrase: … When after refers to future time, we use the present simple, not the future with shall or will: … Three months after they moved out, the house was still empty.
What is the meaning of afterlife?
Definition of afterlife. 1 : an existence after death. 2 : a later period in ones life. 3 : a period of continued or renewed use, existence, or popularity beyond what is normal, primary, or expected a TV show with a long afterlife in syndication.
What is the opposite word of post? If you are using “post” to mean “after” then the antonym would be “pre” in the examples already given, But if you use it to mean “to place” as in “post a note on the fridge…” I don’t think there is an antonym.
What is the opposite of afterthought?
What does after mean in a sentence?
after (prep): later than someone or something. Listen to all | All sentences (with pause) Example sentences: I have soccer practice after school.. Lets go to the movies after dinner.. I will go on a diet after the holidays.. I think I will order dessert after dinner.. He took a shower after the game..
Is after an adverb or adverb?
If ‘us ‘ is not there and if the sentence is just ‘They arrived after , then ‘after ‘ works as an adverb. What part of speech is the word “former”?
What part of speech is ‘after’?
The word ‘after’ can be a preposition, an adverb, or a conjunction. Because as words are divided into different classes according to the work they do in sentences, it is clear that we cannot say to which part of speech a word belongs unless we see it used in a sentence. They came soon after. (Adverb) They came after us. (Preposition)
Is “after” a preposition?
“After” can be a preposition or a subordinating conjunction, depending on what follows it in a sentence. If “after” is followed by a noun, pronoun, or noun phrase, it is a preposition: “After work, I am going home.” “After that, I will eat supper.” “After the game, I will go to bed.” If “after” is followed...